'Apply' button for adding/removing Type fields.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
eovento

'Apply' button for adding/removing Type fields.

Post by eovento »

Good morning, Joel!

Under the Types tab, in settings, there is a checkbox for each variable we want to keep track of.
Every time I add a new variable to a script that I want to be able to save, I have to remember going back there and check it. This is not a big deal, but pretty much always I have to do it 2 or 3 times for it to take effect.

It has no warning telling you it worked or not. So, every time we have to check the field, close settings, open ES3 Settings again, just to find out the field is unchecked again. Check it one more time. Close settings. Open settings again... see if it worked this time... and most often it doesn't.

If we had an apply button for it to take effect, or maybe a "processing time" thing for us to safely wait and have it working, it would be awesome.

Thank you, Joel,
And wish a great weekend!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: 'Apply' button for adding/removing Type fields.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Changes in the Types pane should be saved when you exit the window or it loses focus. If this isn't happening for you then it's likely that there is a bug at Unity's end.

Firstly, I recommend updating Unity to check that there's not been a bug fix for this. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please could you create a new, basic project which replicates the issue and private message it to me?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
eovento

Post by eovento »

Thank you, Joel, for so quickly answering on a Sunday! :)

I understand changes should be saved when you exit the window. The thing is that it often doesn't.

I won't update Unity as it's not a big deal to justify the hussle I might face with any other unrelated asset; it's just something I thought you'd like to know as it's been present for quite some time (I've experienced it in different projects, all through different versions - both Unity and ES).

Current Unity version is 2019.4.15.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for the information. Without a project to replicate this I won't be able to look into this further, but I'll keep an eye open for it in case it happens to anyone else :)

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started