How can I save current progress with Playmaker?

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
ludens

How can I save current progress with Playmaker?

Post by ludens »

Hello.
Now I make Megaman like 2d platform game. I want to make save system which save whole current progress at the SavePoint. (When player reach at save point, player can save whole current progress containing not only variables but also game objects and prefabs. Then player can load and resume game at saved point.)

I've bought Easy Save to make that system. But I still haven't done it. Because I don't know how to do it though I've searched tips and tutorials on here and other sites. They said about saving High Score it was nice and easy to understand. Sadly however, knowledge about saving score is not enough for me.
I tried to save current progress by using 'Save All' action. But save file which was made by that action contained only datas about variables of the action's fsm. It does not contain datas what I need (objects in Hierarchy, prefabs etc.)

Please tell me how to make it with Easy Save 2 and Playmaker. I hope that you can help me make wonderful game. Thanks for reading it. Have a nice day :)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: How can I save current progress with Playmaker?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've replied to your email you send me earlier and pasted the response below:
Hi there,

It's not possible to save the whole progress of a scene automatically because much of a scene is not serializable, and it's not currently possible to automatically tell at runtime what is serializable.

Instead you should only save the data required. For information on what types of data can be saved and loaded using Easy Save in Playmaker, please see the Save Actions section of the Playmaker reference which contains information on each of the actions:
http://docs.moodkie.com/product/easy-sa ... r-actions/
All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
ludens

Post by ludens »

Thanks for you reply.
I've checked what types of data can be saved and loaded by ES2.
I want to save state of objects of Hierarchy whenever I press save button. (For example In my game, monsters objects became inactive when they are died.)
But I don't know how to save object's current state just by using types of data what you offer.
Joel wrote:Hi there,

I've replied to your email you send me earlier and pasted the response below:
Hi there,

It's not possible to save the whole progress of a scene automatically because much of a scene is not serializable, and it's not currently possible to automatically tell at runtime what is serializable.

Instead you should only save the data required. For information on what types of data can be saved and loaded using Easy Save in Playmaker, please see the Save Actions section of the Playmaker reference which contains information on each of the actions:
http://docs.moodkie.com/product/easy-sa ... r-actions/
All the best,
Joel
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

For the example of saving the active state of an object, whenever you deactivate a GameObject you could save a bool signifying that it's deactivated. Assuming the GameObject has a unique name, you could use the name of the GameObject as the tag to uniquely identify it.

Then when the game loads, load this bool and use Playmaker's Activate Game Object to deactivate that GameObject accordingly.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started