Editing a file on a server?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
jcal

Editing a file on a server?

Post by jcal »

I am in the process of setting up a server to host a file that can be accessed by app users. My hope is that when the app loads, they will sync with the cloud and the data in the cloud will be loaded onto the app. I plan for it to work like a mass email? Basically I want to be able to put in the cloud, let's say just a message like "Hello users", that, once they sync to the cloud, that new message will appear in the app.

Do I need to make a unique application just for me to use in order to upload data like a message? Or can I add/edit the file from the cloud itself? Or is this all something entirely based on the host of the server?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Editing a file on a server?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You may be able to go into the MySQL table and manually edit the file. However, the intended purpose is that data in only edited using the Easy Save API, which would mean creating a Unity application to do this.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
jcal

Post by jcal »

Joel wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:33 pm Hi there,

You may be able to go into the MySQL table and manually edit the file. However, the intended purpose is that data in only edited using the Easy Save API, which would mean creating a Unity application to do this.

All the best,
Joel
Now because it is stored in a server, I could have that Unity application simply be something I run on my computer whenever I want to update the file right?

I figure this could probably be something I create anyways that way I can upload data as time goes on for other purposes. For example, I have a set of photos that scroll across the menu, I imagine I could add to this as time goes on without needing to update the app itself.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Now because it is stored in a server, I could have that Unity application simply be something I run on my computer whenever I want to update the file right?
That's correct.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started