[Playmaker] 'Delete Default Folder' broken on standalone?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
thatscraigz

[Playmaker] 'Delete Default Folder' broken on standalone?

Post by thatscraigz »

Hi Joel!

Been meaning to hop on and post about this.

Not quite sure why, but the delete default folder action for Playmaker hasn't been working for me a couple months now.

It will work while using it in the editor, but when I run a standalone build it doesn't. And I can't seem to find any errors in the play log for it either? :(

Do you have any advice or ideas of what I could do?

I just tested it on a clean project tonight and am getting the same results. Also can't find anything in the output_log about it either... xD

best,

craigz
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: [Playmaker] 'Delete Default Folder' broken on standalone

Post by Joel »

Hi craigz,

It's likely that you no longer have permission to delete the folder at runtime. In which case you will need to delete the files themselves, rather than the folder. Or an alternative would be to save your files to a sub-folder of the default folder, and delete that (as you should in theory have permission to delete a sub-folder).

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
thatscraigz

Post by thatscraigz »

Ahhh! Gotcha :) I'll go ahead and try 'Get Files' and delete individually then :) and if not will dig into doing the sub folder :D

Is there anything in particular that you know of that would cause this? Because it wasn't the case for the longest time, and I actually couldnt even reproduce it for a long while too, just kept getting reports from players :)

-craigz
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

It'll be down to the security settings of the users, so for some it will be deletable and others it won't. I believe different versions of Windows and MacOS can also have an affect on whether it's writable or not. But because it's part of the security sandbox, sadly it's not something we have control over.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started