15 errors: imported type defined multiple times

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
westingtyler

15 errors: imported type defined multiple times

Post by westingtyler »

after updating to Unity 2017.2, ez save gave warnings, saying parts were obsolete. I deleted the ez2 save folder and the ez2 folder in the plugins section of my Assets, and I re-downloaded and reimported ez save, now version 2.8.4p1. it created those two folders again - ez save, and a plugin folder.

now instead of yellow warnings, I am getting 15 red errors about types being defined twice like this one.

Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/Editor/GUI/ES2EditorUtility.cs(9,16): error CS0433: The imported type `ES2EditorWindowStyle' is defined multiple times

I am not sure how to fix this. I am using playmaker 1.8.3.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: 15 errors: imported type defined multiple times

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

It sounds like the Asset Store importer didn't remove the Editor DLL. If you search your project for ES2Editor.dll and delete it, this should fix your issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
westingtyler

Post by westingtyler »

Hey, thanks! when I add the .dll in there to the search, nothing shows up. If I take away the .dll part, one called ES2Editor.dll shows up, but also one called ES2EditorUninstall.dll---and this second one, in the little path slash address bar at the bottom of the folder window, says "Plugins/Editor/ES2Editor.dll" as well.

So it has two different names for some reason, at the same time. Which file do I need, and which should I get rid of?

Also, for this second file, delete isn't an option in the project window.

Also when I open the folder of Assets, Plugins, Editor to "show file" for many things like ES2EditorWindow (which also shows up in the address bar as ES2Editor.dll) it takes me to a folder that has 1 file in it calleed ES2Editor.dll.

I then deleted that single file, and the address bar names of other files seem to have automatically updated to their correct names, present in Plugins/Easy Save 2/Editor/Templates/ etc.

But the red errors were still there. There is also a file called ES2.dll under Plugins. In the editor it shows up as Es2EditorWindowStyle, and I can't delete it from inside Unity. Should I delete this as well, outside Unity?

I removed it, and the red errors went away. But now there are many yellow errors like this:
Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ES2PlayMaker.cs(4683,32): warning CS0436: The type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ES2DownloadObjectAction<T>' conflicts with the imported type of same name'. Ignoring the imported type definition

I'm also getting this yellow warning now too. Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/Scripts/MoodkieSecurity/AESEncryptor.cs(13,17): warning CS0436: The type `MoodkieSecurity.AESBits' conflicts with the imported type of same name'. Ignoring the imported type definition
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've never heard of ES2EditorUninstall.dll, though we do include a file called ES2EditorUninstall.cs? The file you need to delete is ES2Editor.dll.

I'm also not sure what you mean about ES2.dll showing up as ES2EditorWindowStyle? Be aware that Unity's search does not only bring up files with a certain name, but other files which are related to that name. You should only delete the DLL files, not files which are related to the DLL.

At this point my best suggestion is to remove Easy Save from your project and reinstall from the Asset Store.

All the best,
Joel
westingtyler

Post by westingtyler »

Hey, great. I'll do that. but I am having a hard time finding an exact list of which files and folders should be deleted, that represent EZ Save. Are all the files in one folder, the ES folder in the Asset heirarchy?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Here's what you'll need to delete if removing Easy Save manually:
  • Assets/Easy Save 2/
  • Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/
  • ES2.dll and MoodkieSecurity.dll from Assets/Plugins/ and any of it's subfolders
  • Assets/PlayMaker/ES2PlayMaker.cs if you've installed the PlayMaker actions
All the best,
Joel