Easy Save 3 not on asset store?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
beakhole

Easy Save 3 not on asset store?

Post by beakhole »

Hello,

I've been looking at all the assets like this for some time, and tried allSave but it has errors in my specific setup that I cannot get rid of.

The only asset for this I can find on the asset store is Easy Save 2, which says it was last uploaded for Unity 4 ... I'm using Unity 2017.2, will Easy Save 2 even work at all for me? Then I noticed there seems to be an Easy Save 3 out there, is that what I need for Unity 2017.2? If so, how do I purchase ES3 instead of ES2?

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Easy Save 3 not on asset store?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I think you're reading the part which says the earliest version it supports, rather than what it's been submitted for. Unity 4 is definitely not the last version it was submitted for.

Just to clarify, Easy Save 2 works with 2017.2. And purchasing Easy Save from the Asset Store includes Easy Save 2 and Easy Save 3.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
beakhole

Post by beakhole »

Derp, the new look of the asset store confused me, thanks for the info.

Can I used this asset to serialize an entire mesh? My application allows users to import their own OBJ files during runtime, and I'd like to be able to save those for them so they can load their state including whatever OBJ's they imported later.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Saving meshes is indeed possible (though they are stored in serialized format rather than an OBJ). The following aspects of the mesh are saved:
  • vertices
  • triangles
  • normals
  • tangents
  • uv
  • uv2
  • uv3
  • uv4
  • bounds
  • subMeshCount
  • boneWeights
  • bindposes