Questions about migrating to Easy Save 3 Beta

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
boysiepay

Questions about migrating to Easy Save 3 Beta

Post by boysiepay »

Hi There,

I am hoping to get the Easy Save 3 goodness sooner rather than later. I have a few questions before jumping into the beta though.

First, I saw that the versions are incompatible between each other (as far as the data saving retrieval goes). If I were to use Easy Save 2 now, then jump to Easy Save 3 later, would I have to rewrite my API much? I know the data will be lost but what about my interfaces to create, edit and delete the data, will I need to rewrite my methods and wrappers much?

Second, I am planning on relying on some of the integrations you have with other assets, in particular the Inventory Pro integration. Will that still be functional in Easy Save 3 or not? If not how long down the road before the integration will be updated for the non-playmaker integrations? I do use PlayMaker as well, so it's nice to see it's already ported.

Awesome product, thank you!
Boysenberry Payne
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Questions about migrating to Easy Save 3 Beta

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

There are some differences in the API, but should only require minor modifications.

For example, the generic parameter on ES3.Save<T> is compulsory, and instead of using something like ES2.SaveArray<string> to save an array, you simply do ES3.Save<string[]>.

Another major difference is that you can't specify parameters in the path. For example, ES2.Save(123, "myFile.txt?tag=myTag"); would be ES3.Save<int>("myTag", 123, "myFile.txt");

The best idea is to check out the ES3 API to see how each method you're using differs.

With regards to integrations, the Inventory Pro integration is a third-party integration which is unaffiliated from us, so it would be up to the developer of that integration to modify it for Easy Save 3.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
boysiepay

Post by boysiepay »

Awesome, thank you for your prompt reply. I will reach out to the Inventory Pro guys to see if they have plans to upgrade.
I am sure you get asked a million times a day (well maybe I over exaggerate a little) any ideas on the eta for the beta to become non-beta?
I am guessing the inventory pro guys will say something like when it's out of beta or some such. I am willing to upgrade stuff myself, but only if I know I am not going to have an upgrade come out right afterwords, stepping on my local upgrades...

PS Super awesome product!

Depending on the timing for ES3 to be released I will either use ES2 or ES3. I've got a long time before my project will release, so I have to plan a way out.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We're getting our final major update (hopefully) submitted at the end of the month, so once we receive enough feedback from that update we plan on leaving beta.

Note that the functionality supported in Easy Save 2 which is included in Easy Save 3 is stable, so you should be safe to move over to it. It's only the more advanced functionality which is still in development at the moment.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started