Problem with ES3 saving GameObject

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
gracew21

Problem with ES3 saving GameObject

Post by gracew21 »

I am currently using the latest es3 package(from easy save 2.8.4p1) and my unity version is 5.6.1f1.

I try to use ES3 to save the gameObject in the scene, the material of the gameObject is lost when loaded. Only saving the material is also not work? It seems saving material is not supported? But from the es3 guide it should be support. Is it a bug or I need to do something more?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Problem with ES3 saving GameObject

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I believe there is a bug fix for this in the upcoming update. If you PM me your order number I'll send this update over to you.

Also note that if your material is baked into an FBX/OBJ file, it's not possible to save and load this with the ES3.Save<GameObject> because Unity provides no way of accessing the material by reference. In this case you may be better off saving and loading the Material separately.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
hawken

Post by hawken »

Hi I'm having the same problem.

I'm using new clones of a material on my gameobjects (so I can change colour) using Unity's material Getter/Setter.

When reloaded in the material is lost.
hawken

Post by hawken »

Hi

I'm also finding that if I quit the application / stop running in editor, then fire it up again, the meshes are missing.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you PM me a very basic project which replicates this so I can try it at my end?

You will also want to make sure you're using the very latest of Easy Save, as the update released earlier in the week fixes problems which sound very similar to the ones you're having.

All the best,
Joel
hawken

Post by hawken »

Hi I updated but the problem remains, it doesn't appear to load run time created meshes or materials after app stop and start (or editor stop start)
hawken

Post by hawken »

I just tried a basic test with a runtime generated Texture2D and it doesn't load back in either.

Could this be an issue with my setup? No runtime generated content loads back in once stopping and starting unity, at all.

Mac osx sierra
unity 2017.3

Runtime settings:

Directory: Persistent Data Path
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've replied to your email.

All the best,
Joel
reynanuy

Post by reynanuy »

Hi. I am having the same problem, with the latest Beta sent to me by Joel, due to the ArgumentException error.
It seems that neither Meshes nor Materials are being saved, at least in 5.6.5f1 which is the version I have.
Another thing, when using LoadInto an existing gameObject, the loaded children are not parented to the object.
That's really annoying.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Would you be able to send us a basic test project which replicates this? With the update I don't seem to be getting this issue?

Also try deleting your old save data, as this may have the old serialised data in which will still exhibit the error. You can do this by going to Window > Easy Save 3 > Tools > Open Default Save Folder and delete it from there.

All the best,
Joel