Black text

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
m_drunk

Black text

Post by m_drunk »

I am using unity 2017.3.1f1. After purchasing and downloading the current version today (3/29), I imported ES into my project and the instant I ran play, all of my text turns black.

The fixes described in h[url]ttp://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1314&p=4327&hilit=black+text#p4327[/url] work for the Scene view, but once play is pressed again, all text is black again.

At this point I decided to try the ES3 beta. I found this doc: http://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/eas ... eta-notes/ and tried the first method. Got this error:

Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportPackage(String, Boolean)
InstallES3Beta:Install() (at Assets/Easy Save 2/Editor/InstallES3Beta.cs:11)

After looking in the root asset dir, I've found that the package referenced in the script and the doc doesn't exist.

So now I'm sitting here with wrecked text, no workaround and no avenue for upgrade. Please advise.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Cannot install ES3 and black text

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save 3 is installed without requiring installation from Easy Save 3.0 onwards, so you do not need to press the install button.

With regards to your other issue, I've replied to your post in the other thread.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
m_drunk

Post by m_drunk »

So maybe I'm doing something wrong on the import. When I click the import button I get this VERY confusing set of things to possibly import. I've attached the screenshot. Am I not supposed to import everything? If not, what specific options do I need to check?
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-03-29 14.33.31.png
Screenshot 2018-03-29 14.33.31.png (64.22 KiB) Viewed 9947 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you want Easy Save 2 and 3, import everything, or if you only want to import Easy Save 3, only import the Plugins/Easy Save 3/ folder.

All the best,
Joel
furroy

Post by furroy »

Ugh, I just bought this asset, and I am in the same boat. It trashed all the text elements in my guis, and none of it seems to work.

On top of all the issues the OP listed, now my Cloud Builds won't work either.

[Unity] WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AR/TangoARRender' - Setting to default shader.
[Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll
[Unity] Compilation failed: 28 error(s), 0 warnings
[Unity] Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2_AudioClip.cs(5,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ES2Type' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2_GameObject.cs(5,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ES2Type' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2_RawTexture2D.cs(4,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ES2Type' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2UserType_UnityEngineCanvasRenderer.cs(6,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ES2Type' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2UserType_UnityEngineLineRenderer.cs(6,52): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ES2Type' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2UserType_UnityEngineRectTransform.cs(6,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ES2Type' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/Easy Save 2/Types/ES2UserType_UnityEngineUIText.cs(6,46): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ES2Type' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
m_drunk

Post by m_drunk »

First, it seems like you did the same thing I did and imported everything. Get rid of the easysave 2 stuff and just import the easysave3 path in plugins. Second, if you PM Joel, he has a custom update and instructions to make the text work.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This is the first time I'm hearing about reports of these error messages since the last update was released a few weeks ago, so it looks like it's only affecting very specific projects. Would you be able to to PM me a project which replicates this, along with a the version of Unity you're using?

The error suggests that the Asset Store importer has failed to import some required files, because it mentions that ES2Type is missing, but this is a core part of the Easy Save API.

If you also PM me your invoice number, I'll send you over the update which allows you to disable the functionality triggering Unity's "Black Text" bug.

(Also thanks m_drunk for the response :) )

All the best,
Joel
furroy

Post by furroy »

i sent Joel my invoice a day ago, did you get it?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

furroy wrote:i sent Joel my invoice a day ago, did you get it?
Hi there,

Apologies, Sunday is not a work day here in the UK so our office was not open. I have sent it to you now.

All the best,
Joel
hawken

easy save turns all my UI text black on start up

Post by hawken »

When I run my scene, all canvas text is turned black.

I was able to recreate this with an empty scene with a canvas and text component on a rect transform, coloured anything other than black.

When the scene runs, the text will turn black.