Saving and loading List

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
MrLee

Saving and loading List

Post by MrLee »

Hey I am new to Easy Save.
I just wanna point out that on pressing window -> easy save 3 -> nothing happens. I mean there must be some window which should open ?
And what default settings I have to do as I am new ? Or I just have to import it and use it ?

Secondly I have implemented list saving and loading but its giving error :

here is my code:

public List<Sprite> boyFactoryEmoji;

ES3.Save<List<Sprite>>(ESKey.BOY_FACTORY_EMOJI_LIST,boyFactoryEmoji);

IS it wrong ? What should I have to do to simply store and load lists ?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saving and loading List

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've had no reports of the Easy Save 3 window failing to open. First, check that it's not already loaded as a tab in the Editor. You might also want to try Window > Layout > Revert Factory Settings to ensure that it's not being rendered off screen, and if you have a second monitor that it's not appearing there.

If these do not fix your issue, please could you send me a basic project which replicates this error?

With regards to the error you're getting, please could you let me know what error you're receiving?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
MrLee

Post by MrLee »

Hey thanx Joel for reply.

It was sdk issue. I dont know why it didnt imported properly first time. But when I imported second time it worked.

Secondly the issue of saving and loading list has been resolved. I have figured it out with hit and trials.

Thanx for this great SDK.

Just one suggestion. As ES3 is more advance and better. Please add some more tutorials and simple examples of ES3 on your forums. Most of them are still for ES2. Like API for ES2 has clear instructions of loading and saving list. But for ES3 it took me a lot of time to figure out.

Thanx again for this best SDK.
MrLee

Post by MrLee »

Plus I have updated my review. And have given you 5 stars as this is best sdk.
thanx.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Glad you managed to solve your problem, and many thanks for updating your review :)

As Easy Save 3 has only just left beta, we're currently putting together examples, and are taking requests from the community regarding what examples should be included. You can add suggestions for examples you would like to see in this thread: http://www.moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1345

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started