Renaming files saved to web?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
nFighter

Renaming files saved to web?

Post by nFighter »

Hello there!
I wonder, is it possible to rename a files saved on web via ES2.php? The only convenient way I see now is downloading and uploading again under the new name :? (Not very efficient way) But maybe it's possible just make some edits to the database?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Renaming files saved to web?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This is actually the first time we've had this requested in any version of Easy Save, so I've created a feature request for this here: http://www.moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1348

In the meantime I've created a basic, undocumented update which achieves this. If you send me your invoice number I'll send over the updated files to you.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
nFighter

Post by nFighter »

Oh, it was fast! Thanks for you effort!
Meanwhile, I'm not sure I describe my problem clear enough. I'm using a ES2.php to record data from PlayMaker. A regular EasySave2 Upload/Download string, Upload/Download Image and so on. I saw a mention of a ES3.Cloud at your feature request topic and feel slightly confused... Are we speak about the same filenames? I mean that filenames I use in "Upload String" playmaker actions? (I'm sorry if it sound silly, I'm not quite familiar with the ES3 new cloud features)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You are posting in the Easy Save 3 forums, so I presumed that you were talking about the Easy Save 3 functionality.

Unfortunately we are only providing bug fixes/updates to Easy Save 2 as Easy Save 3 is now the current version, so we're no longer adding features which are not already supported. In this case, you will need to use your existing method of reuploading the file.

All the best,
Joel
nFighter

Post by nFighter »

Oh, I'm sorry. My bad!

But does it mean, that my workflow is outdated and I should better switch to the new es3.cloud upload/download? Did I understand right that in ES2 I just upload/download variables directly to the files stored in web database and with ES3 I should write everything in local files and than just upload this files to the cloud?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you're already using Easy Save 2 in your project then I would recommend that you continue using it.

With Easy Save 3 you should indeed just write everything to a local file, and then upload this to ES3Cloud.

All the best,
Joel