Where is "Save All" Action?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
light

Where is "Save All" Action?

Post by light »

Hi,

After I update to ES3, I can't find "Save All" or "Load All" action :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . They are useful to my current project. Of course I can't find them in the new documentation neither.

All the best
Light
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Where is "Save All" Action?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save 3 does not currently have a Save All or Load All action, so in the meantime you will need to continue using Easy Save 2 if you require these actions. Note that Easy Save 2 is still being supported.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
light

Post by light »

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. However I have replaced the files with ES3, and I don't know how can I get the passed version of ES2 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: In my project I was used to use v.2.8.2.

All the best,
Light
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save 2 is included when you download from the Asset Store.

All the best,
Joel
light

Post by light »

Thank you. I solved it.
Abelius

Post by Abelius »

Hello,

I'm starting a new project, and after seeing that ES3 has been around the block for some time, I decided to go for it instead of ES2.

However, I took for granted that every feature of ES2 would be present in ES3, which is not the case... Where are Save All and, more importantly, Load All?

I'm baffled that an action that basically restores everything it finds on a file, is not a standard feature in ES3. I mean, this is standard procedure, unless I'm living on a parallel dimension! :roll:

And in fact you tell the OP...:
Joel wrote: Easy Save 3 does not currently have a Save All or Load All action, so in the meantime you will need to continue using Easy Save 2 if you require these actions. Note that Easy Save 2 is still being supported.
Well... it's one year and a half later and I don't see a way to just do something so straightforward. And I feel like an alien for being the only one asking about this. :?

Yes, I can switch back to ES2, but that means forgetting about AutoSave and staying on an old version who knows if it will be supported in six months and it certainly won't be enhanced.

Am I missing something? Is there a way in ES3 to load everything, that doesn't imply needing to specify every... single... key... in the file ?

Thanks.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

As Save All and Load All are actually very uncommonly used (this is only the second time it has been mentioned in the past couple of years), we've focused our time on other functionality.

However, if you would like I can see if it's possible to put together a Save All and Load All action based on the Easy Save 2 action, but using Easy Save 3?

All the best,
Joel