Hi there, on the supported types page for ES3 it says that we can save:
Arrays, Lists, Dictionaries, Queues, Stacks and HashSets of supported types
But a field like this:

Code: Select all

private Dictionary<int, List<string>> saveMeIfYouCan;
generates an unusable ES3Type due to some mangled syntax:

case "saveMeIfYouCan":
					reader.SetPrivateField("saveMeIfYouCan", reader.Read<System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<System.Int32,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]>>(), instance);
					break;
Lots of 'unexpected character' errors there. I'm not an expert in all of C#'s syntax, but the backtick in the List bit is surprising to me? I was expecting to see this get generated:

case "saveMeIfYouCan":
					reader.SetPrivateField("saveMeIfYouCan", reader.Read<System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<System.Int32,System.Collections.Generic.List<System.String>>>(), instance);
					break;
Last edited by Cranktrain on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cranktrain

Re: Syntax Errors on Saving Dictionary of Lists

Post by Cranktrain »

Just had a similar error on a list of enum values:

public List<Portal.SpawnableTypes> ItemsToSpawn;
Generates this in the ES3Type:

case "ItemsToSpawn":
						instance.ItemsToSpawn = reader.Read<System.Collections.Generic.List<Portal+SpawnableTypes>>();
						break;
A misplaced '+' there, instead of a full-stop. I was expecting:

case "ItemsToSpawn":
						instance.ItemsToSpawn = reader.Read<System.Collections.Generic.List<Portal.SpawnableTypes>>();
						break;
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

These were supposed to be fixed in the last update, but it looks like the fixes were not pushed to the release version in time.

If you PM me your invoice number I'll send you over the update.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
PandMEntertm

Post by PandMEntertm »

Hi, maybe I have the same problem.

I tried to save data as below code.

if (ES3.KeyExists("MyData"))
 {
   object = ES3.Load<Dictionary<string, MyClass>>("MyData", new Dictionary<string, MyClass>());
 }

public class MyClass
{
    public DateTime time;
    public int to;
    public int price;

public MyClass(DateTime time, int to, int price)
    {
        this.time = time;
        this.to = to;
        this.price = price;
    }
}
But the below error is shown.

NotSupportedException: ES3Type.type is null when trying to create an ES3Type for System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,UmeHistory], possibly because the element type is not supported.
ES3Internal.ES3TypeMgr.CreateES3Type (System.Type type, System.Boolean throwException) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3TypeMgr.cs:109)
ES3Internal.ES3TypeMgr.GetOrCreateES3Type (System.Type type, System.Boolean throwException) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3TypeMgr.cs:23)
ES3Writer.Write[T] (System.String key, System.Object value) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:86)
ES3.Save[T] (System.String key, System.Object value) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:30)
DataManager.EasySave () (at Assets/Scripts/DataManager.cs:87)
KuraManager.AddMaterial (System.Int32 type) (at Assets/Scripts/KuraManager.cs:372)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[T1].Invoke (T1 args0) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent/UnityEvent.cs:207)
UnityEngine.Events.CachedInvokableCall`1[T].Invoke (System.Object[] args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent/UnityEvent.cs:345)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent/UnityEvent/UnityEvent_0.cs:70)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0a4/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Button.cs:68)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0a4/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Button.cs:110)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0a4/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0a4/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
Does it not be supported Dictionary including original defined Class?