Texture Tiling Script prevents from successful saving

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
xkinginthecastlex

Texture Tiling Script prevents from successful saving

Post by xkinginthecastlex »

Hi Joel,

I hope you can help me out here.. I am using this script: https://github.com/Dsphar/Cube_Texture_ ... peat_Unity

for runtime texture tiling. I have a cube object with a Material (Albedo Texture + Normal Map), ES3 AutoSave, ES3 Prefab and ReCalcCubeTexture Script attached to it.
The TextureTiling Script runs perfectly in runtime (texture tiling works when the cube scales at runtime) but as soon as I want to save - the cube with the attached script will not be saved.

Do you know a way how to solve this?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

P. S. fyi: the cube however will be saved if the ReCalcCubeTexture-Script is not attached. So I guess it must be somehow registered for Easy Save?

here is the console error message:
ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:381)
UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[Mesh] (UnityEngine.Mesh original) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:274)
ReCalcCubeTexture.GetMesh () (at Assets/Scripts/ReCalcCubeTexture.cs:49)
ReCalcCubeTexture.Calculate () (at Assets/Scripts/ReCalcCubeTexture.cs:27)
ReCalcCubeTexture.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/ReCalcCubeTexture.cs:18)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Texture Tiling Script prevents from successful saving

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I'm afraid I have no knowledge of that script so it's not possible for me to say.

Please could you create a new project with the minimal content required to replicate this, and PM this to me with instructions to replicate it?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
xkinginthecastlex

Hi Joel,

thanks for your fast reply! I just sent you a pm.

It would be great if you could take a look at it.
xkinginthecastlex

Hi Joel,

I sent you another package.
Have you been able to take a look at it meanwhile?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

As you sent your message on a weekend, I was unable to look at it until Monday as I can only respond to queries which don't require me to be in the office on weekends. I'm sending you a response to your PM right now :)

All the best,
Joel
xkinginthecastlex

Hi,

thx

no problem, you have an awesome support!
I appreciate that very much.

I just send you a PM
xkinginthecastlex

HI Joel,

I have contacted you a while ago regarding the ReCalcCubeTextureScript https://github.com/Dsphar/Cube_Texture_ ... peat_Unity
I saw you have sent me a pm, but it looks like it is not more available now.

I have pretty much the same problem now.
As soon as I attach the Script and save my cube with the ES3 Autosave & ES3 Prefab Script everything works only while in game mode - (the saved prefabs will load) but when I close and start again and than try to reload I get the following error:

Reference for UnityEngine.Mesh with ID 7888033449111280693 could not be found in Easy Save's reference manager. If you are loading objects dynamically (i.e. objects created at runtime), this warning is expected and can be ignored.
To disable warnings from Easy Save, go to Window > Easy Save 3 > Settings, and uncheck 'Log Warnings'
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarningFormat(Object, String, Object[])
ES3Internal.ES3Debug:LogWarning(String, Object, Int32) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Debugging/ES3Debug.cs:30)
ES3Internal.ES3ReferenceMgrBase:Get(Int64, Type, Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3ReferenceMgrBase.cs:166)
ES3Types.ES3UnityObjectType:ReadObject(ES3Reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3UnityObjectType.cs:84)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType:Read(ES3Reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:54)
ES3Reader:ReadObject(ES3Type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:249)
ES3Reader:Read(ES3Type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:278)
ES3Types.ES3Type_MeshFilter:ReadComponent(ES3Reader, Object) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/Component Types/ES3Type_MeshFilter.cs:32)
ES3Types.ES3ComponentType:ReadUnityObject(ES3Reader, Object) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ComponentType.cs:36)
ES3Types.ES3UnityObjectType:ReadObject(ES3Reader, Object) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3UnityObjectType.cs:65)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType:ReadInto(ES3Reader, Object) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:77)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject:ReadComponents(ES3Reader, GameObject) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:206)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject:ReadObject(ES3Reader, Object) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:160)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType:ReadInto(ES3Reader, Object) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:77)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject:ReadObject(ES3Reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:124)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType:Read(ES3Reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:54)
ES3Reader:ReadObject(ES3Type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:249)
ES3Rea

ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) (at <0847a0faf94444ccbaf1958021b27f54>:0)
UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) (at <0847a0faf94444ccbaf1958021b27f54>:0)
ReCalcCubeTexture.GetMesh () (at Assets/My/Scripts/ReCalcCubeTexture.cs:44)
ReCalcCubeTexture.Calculate () (at Assets/My/Scripts/ReCalcCubeTexture.cs:27)
ReCalcCubeTexture.Start () (at Assets/My/Scripts/ReCalcCubeTexture.cs:12)

I am using 2019.4.17.f1 now
The same happens when I build the game. The prefabs with the ReCalcCubeTexture-Script can´t be loaded.

I would very much appreciate if you could help me how to solve this!

Many thanks in advance
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you private message me a new project with a basic scene which replicates this.

I'd also recommend checking that you're using the latest version of Easy Save from the Asset Store.

All the best,
Joel
xkinginthecastlex

Hi Joel,
thanks for your fast reply.
I just sent you a pm
xkinginthecastlex

Hi Joel,
I just sent you another project, thx for your support so far!