Multiplayer game based on ES3

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
nFighter

Multiplayer game based on ES3

Post by nFighter »

Just successfully played first multiplayer matches with my game and now it’s officially: I made a multiplayer game only using ES3 and Playmaker. Zero programming skills, no frameworks, no photon, etc. Pure Easy Save cloud files sync with playmaker actions. (Sure, it’s turn-based multiplayer but nevertheless)

Enormously huge thanks to Joel for his support. I’m asset junkie and got A LOT of assets from unity store, and no one has such support as EasySave.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Multiplayer game based on ES3

Post by Joel »

Great to hear it :)

Let us know how your game does (if you're planning on releasing it on a store), and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Maliciouscandy

Post by Maliciouscandy »

Can I ask how you did multiplayer without using Photon or Unity's service? I'm trying to make a multiplayer game as well, but I'm struggling with designing the networking and matchmaking...I don't want to rely on a third-party service that may eventually disappear.
doppelmonster

Post by doppelmonster »

Hi,
congrats on getting your mp game done with Easy Save.
I am happy to hear that it worked out for you, as i will try to go the same route.

Right now i finished a complete save of my game which will be the base for the (also turnbased) MP setup.
nFighter

Post by nFighter »

Sorry, I missed the question on how exactly I build the multiplayer. In two words it's all about saving and loading all the states to the web files. List of online players, rooms, game states - all are saved to the files and players read\write to them.