unity 2019.1 no types reflection error

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
friken

Re: unity 2019.1 no types reflection error

Post by friken »

Here is a link to a test project that recreates the issue on 2019.1.0f2. Screenshot attached... should be able to open project, then open the easysave3 editor and see the reflection errors.
Attachments
EasySave.JPG
EasySave.JPG (131.94 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I had to delete your attachment because it included the Easy Save package, which could be accessed by anyone. In the future if you could PM sample projects to me that would be great :)

This appears to be a bug triggered by the Unity5Effects plugin you are using. You can replicate this by putting the following script in an Editor folder and then going to Test > Get Types in the menu. All the script does is try to get types from the main Unity assembly, and uses no Easy Save code.
using UnityEditor;
using System.Reflection;

public class GetAssemblies
{
    [MenuItem("Test/Get Assemblies")]
    static void Run()
    {
        var assembly = Assembly.Load("Assembly-CSharp").GetTypes();
    }
}
Firstly, I would report this to Unity to see if it's an issue at their end using the script I've pasted above to demonstrate it. Secondly, I would contact the creators of the tool to see if they are aware of this and have an update.

Being able to get types from the main assembly is a very important piece of functionality used by many plugins, not just Easy Save, so this is a fairly major issue, and not one that can be worked around at our end. Hope I've at least been of some assistance.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
friken

Post by friken »

Duh... whoops, didn't mean to leave easysave in the test proj. removed from dropbox too. Thanks for looking into this. I'll reach out to the creator of this git... but it's kinda been abandoned for a while now. Thanks for the insight... may help me sort a work around without their help.
friken

Post by friken »

Fixed it... thanks so much for the help. It got me looking closer at a few things. It was in the mass particle system and editor functionality of the component... which I don't use at all. Yanked and I'm back in biz.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad to hear it, let me know if you run into any other problems :)
friken

Post by friken »

Thanks... and kudos on EasySave. I really do love it. Well worth the purchase. Good support too. I'll be sure to go add a review on assetstore.

One request, please... cleanup the 40+ warnings?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for the praise, much appreciated!

The warnings will be removed in the upcoming update, but if you PM me your invoice number I'll be happy to send over the update in the meantime.

All the best,
Joel