Auto-Save settings for current scene does not keep settings

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
chrisv007

Auto-Save settings for current scene does not keep settings

Post by chrisv007 »

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue. I don't need auto save so I disable it in the Settings for current scene on every scene. The problem is that it does not keep the settings. If I load another level then come back to the first one, it's like I didn't change anything. The problem is that it causes errors at runtime.
ArgumentException: Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.
it's a pretty long error so I didn't copy the whole thing. (I can if you want to)
Even if i change the auto save settings back to none, it keeps reverting to the old setting.

Any ideas on how I can save the settings of easy save permanently?

Thanks
Chris
Chris Verner
Chris Verner Studio
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Auto-Save settings for current scene does not keep setti

Post by Joel »

Hi Chris,

We don't have settings to disable Auto Save, so I'm not sure I fully understand. To disable Auto Save you should disable the ES3AutoSaveMgr Component on the Easy Save 3 Manager GameObject.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
jeffsim

Post by jeffsim »

The confusion might be that you specifically have to disable the auto save component (ie click the enabled checkbox). If you instead remove the autosave component entirely from "easy save 3 manager" (while not in play mode) and then enter/exit playmode, it will automatically be added back. Took me a while to figure out that was happening.

There may be (/certainly are :) ) nuances to the ES system that I don't understand; but it seems like once removed, the component should stay removed (?).
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the clarification. We have a setting to automatically add Auto Save to your scene, so going to Window > Easy Save 3 > Settings and unchecking Auto Add Manager to Scene.

Note that unless you have ES3AutoSave components attached to GameObjects in your scene, the ES3AutoSaveMgr should do nothing.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started