Scriptable Object type error

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Culzean

Scriptable Object type error

Post by Culzean »

I have encountered an strange error that do not understand and cannot debug, perhaps someone can help.
I am trying to save a game state object that has a child object, let's say object Parent and object child. Both of these I have added as custom types. Originally I had planned to have both parent and child inherit ScriptbleObject. This has proven un-workable and I have reverted to plain classes only. However now when I try to save the child object within the parent object, I am getting a strange error.

Code: Select all

ArgumentException: Only types of UnityEngine.ScriptableObject can be written with this method, but argument given is type of Poltergeist.InvestigationData
I have tried resetting this ES3_Type but to no avail. I am finding this very frustrating because scriptable object is not part of my saving scheme any more. Why do the type classes still think this?

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Scriptable Object type error

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you send me the ES3Type for your class and the code you're using to save and load? Hopefully then I can understand what is happening.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started