Reopening Unity adds extra components

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Cactuar18

Reopening Unity adds extra components

Post by Cactuar18 »

I'm saving data across scenes, and it works fine when playing and stopping in the editor - except that when you close and reopen Unity, when I load saved GameObjects it duplicates components to the loaded GO - including trying to add an extra SpriteRenderer which Unity doesn't like, thus crashing my game.
Wiping the data path and saving and reloading doesn't reproduce the problem, only restarting the editor.
Any tips on how to avoid this behaviour?
Cactuar18

Re: Reopening Unity adds extra components

Post by Cactuar18 »

It must be something on my end - doing it in the example project doesn't yield the same results.
Any idea why I'm getting the behaviour on my side?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understand, and I've not had any reports of anything similar to this. Please could you PM me a basic project and instructions to replicate it?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Cactuar18

Post by Cactuar18 »

I've replied to the email, wasn't sure if it went through
Dsam

Post by Dsam »

Hi,

I purchase EasySave a fell days ago and is great, well made and straight forward to learn. I'm not a programmer, though. So I'm still learning how to implement it.

Testing the Auto Save, together with saving prefabs instances functionality, I'm also facing a very similar problem of duplicating components on the new instance of a prefab when I close the game and play again (I don't need to shut the Unity app for this to happen)

I'm going to take a good look at this today... I will try to put a sample script and images to illustrate the issue.

All the success,
Daniel
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Daniel,

If this is indeed the same issue, we have a fix for this. If you PM me your invoice number I'll send it over to you.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started