Save is not being deleted after uninstall Android

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
cragggle

Save is not being deleted after uninstall Android

Post by cragggle »

This is not something that I would usually want, but in my case, I would prefer to have saves deleted when you uninstall, could anyone tell me how I would go about doing that? is it an Easysave problem? as I see on google that playerprefs etc are being deleted.

I will also add to this,
The reason I want to do this is that I have something odd happening when I uninstall and reinstall the game.
When I reinstall it doesn't appear to use the last saved variables, but I can only assume the last ones since it updated last.

Eg, my game has currency coins, I can get 60 coins, close the game, reload and everything works as expected, but when I uninstall and reinstall, I have 6. which again I can only assume is the amount I had when I updated the app.
Not sure how I can confirm that if I'm honest.

EDIT
I deleted the playerprefs before I uploaded the new version to the app store to test,
The same thing is happening, even if I continue playing, level up and gain more currency, etc, the game saves.. because I can close it and reopen and it's fine, however when I reinstall it's loading an older save file for some reason?

I also just deleted the 2 save files from the actual device, reloaded the game to a fresh start, got some currency, etc, and tried uninstalling again to get the same thing. An older save file is somehow being added when I install the game?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last EDIT
After some googling, i think i found out that its happening because of Android Autobackup. And as i reinstall the game, it's checking if a backup exists and is loading it.

I can stop the backup by adding android:allowBackup=“false” to the manifest, After looking at similar games to mine on the app store, most seem to restore saves when reinstalling , so ill follow suit.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Save is not being deleted after uninstall Android

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Glad you've found the solution to your problem. Whether save data is deleted upon uninstall is controlled entirely at Android's end, so we have no control over this from within Unity.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started