Issue when opening the ES3 window

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
zengusan

Issue when opening the ES3 window

Post by zengusan »

Opening the ES3 window will throw Unity into an endless loop. Yes, I am using Unity 2019.3 which is still in beta, but just want to alert you guys of a potential issue here.

P.S. Is there anyway to change the default settings (e.g. encryption) without using the ES3 window?
Found it, the prefab under Resources
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Issue when opening the ES3 window

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I don't appear to be able to replicate this. The best idea would be to send a bug report to Unity as it is a beta release, and is likely due to a bug at their end.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
jeffsim

Post by jeffsim »

Hey Joel,

I'm not sure if this is related, but the ES3 Window works for me *except* for the Settings tab, which drops the following error when I navigate to the tab (which itself is empty)

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ES3Editor.SettingsWindow.Init () (at Assets/Standard Assets/Easy Save 3/Editor/SettingsWindow.cs:80)
ES3Editor.SettingsWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Standard Assets/Easy Save 3/Editor/SettingsWindow.cs:22)
ES3Editor.ES3Window.OnGUI () (at Assets/Standard Assets/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Window.cs:101)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:335)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:329)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:305)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:373)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:340)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:278)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
Here's the relevant code section:

Code: Select all

public void Init()
		{
			#if UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER
			defaultSettingsGo = (GameObject)AssetDatabase.LoadMainAssetAtPath("Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3/ES3 Default Settings.prefab");
err=> 	 editorSettings = defaultSettingsGo.GetComponent<ES3DefaultSettings>();
			#else
			editorSettings = ES3Settings.GetDefaultSettings();
			#endif
I'm on Unity 2091.1.7f1 Personal.

Cheers,
Jeff
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Jeff,

Are you definitely using the latest version of Easy Save? This looks like an issue which has previously been fixed.

If you PM me your invoice number, I'll send you over the update incase the Asset Store is distributing the wrong version to you (which it has been for some people).

All the best,
Joel
jeffsim

Post by jeffsim »

Hey Joel,

You got it: I re-imported from the Asset Store and it's working now. I purchased 4 days ago, in case that info helps root cause why some folks are getting older versions.

Thanks for the quick reply! Went ahead and left a :thumbsup: review on the asset store while I was there.

Cheers
Jeff
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Jeff,

Glad that's all working for you now. And thank you for the kind review, much appreciated :)

All the best,
Joel