Camera Issue ES3 Autosave

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
evasysae

Camera Issue ES3 Autosave

Post by evasysae »

Hi,
I wanted to save the camera settings and attached an ES3AutoSave Script to the camera. But after restarting the scene, the Camera Script reference is not connected anymore to the MainCamera Transform
Camera Script somehow detached from the MainCamera Transform after using ES3Autosave
Camera Script somehow detached from the MainCamera Transform after using ES3Autosave
Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 00.02.56.png (246.83 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
In the picture you can see that if I'm changing moving the camera, the FieldOFView of the camera stays.
I've seen that there was a similar issue: https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... mera#p5022 .

When I delete the Camera Component and create a new one then it's working again. But it's not good workaround to delete the camera component and create a new one because I'm using it as a reference in several other scripts...

Do you have a hint for me what I can do to get it work? At the moment it seems to me that that ES3AutoSave could not be used to store the camera position.
Thank you for your help.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Camera Issue ES3 Autosave

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I don't appear to be able to see in the thread that you've posted where there is a similar issue, and I don't appear to be able to replicate it from what you've described.

Please could you create a new, very basic project which replicates the issue and PM it to me with instructions? Hopefully then I will be able to see what is happening :)

It sounds like it's unable to find a reference to your Camera Component when loading, so you might want to try pressing the Refresh References button on the ES3ReferenceMgr component of the Easy Save 3 Manager GameObject.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
evasysae

Re: Camera Issue ES3 Autosave

Post by evasysae »

Thank you for your answer. I've sent you an PM with a detailed description...short description of the problem is: If you attach an ES3AutoSave script to the main camera, the camera will freeze after loading... Thanks a lot for your help