Bug with camera when loading after auto-save

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
StudioDeLaPie

Bug with camera when loading after auto-save

Post by StudioDeLaPie »

Hello, I bought Easy Save today and started trying to use it. After setting up the auto-save system following the guides provided in documentation, I encountered a problem with cameras.

I have a first person controller prefab with the ES3 Prefab script and the ES3 Auto save script. The camera is a children of this prefab.
When I enter playmode for the first time, everything works fine. I exit playmode, auto-save is done. When I re-enter playmode, player and camera angle are OK (same as when it stopped) but the camera is stuck in place. Even if I try to move the camera around from the Inspector and scene view, the image from the camera doesn't change.

Here's a link to download a very simple project I made with controller, camera and auto-save set up as it is in my main project :

Thanks per advance for any help on this.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Bug with camera when loading after auto-save

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I deleted the link in your message because it contained the complete Easy Save package, which would allow anyone to download it.

I've managed to locate the problem and it appears to be an issue at Unity's end. Any changes to the pixelRect causes the camera to be frozen.

I've created an update which ignores this variable entirely which I will PM to you shortly.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
StudioDeLaPie

Re: Bug with camera when loading after auto-save

Post by StudioDeLaPie »

Hi,

Really sorry for the link, didn't thought about that :oops:

Thanks for your quick answer, I'll go check my PM.