ES3 Default settings not found

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Seiryu32

ES3 Default settings not found

Post by Seiryu32 »

I keep getting this error with any of the ES3 actions or script managers I've used:

Default Settings were not found or more than one default settings GameObject was found.

System.NullReferenceException: object not set to an instance of an object. Whatever the error is, it prevents me from saving anything with ES3.

Doesn't matter what I've done with the settings, I get the same error regardless of whatever Path or location I've used. Did I miss something in my setup?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES3 Default settings not found

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you go to Plugins/Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3/ES3 Default Settings, and check that there is a settings component attached to this object?

Could you also ensure that there are no compiler errors in the console from other scripts, as this will prevent plugins from compiling correctly.

If this doesn't fix your issue, please could you PM me a basic project which replicates this?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Seiryu32

Post by Seiryu32 »

Yeah it's there. It shows the same settings I use in my Runtime settings. Do I need to do something different with my settings there?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

That's very strange, that error only usually occurs if the default settings is missing.

Would you be able to PM me a project which replicates this? If you haven't done so already I also recommend deleting Plugins/Easy Save 3/ and reimporting from the Asset Store.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started