Save and Load Prefabs changes.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Save and Load Prefabs changes.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Have you added the Components that you want to be saved/loaded in the Type manager?

If you could send me a basic project and instructions to replicate this then that would be appreciated, as it's very difficult to understand what is happening without being able to see your configuration.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Loki180

Post by Loki180 »

Joel wrote:Hi there,

Have you added the Components that you want to be saved/loaded in the Type manager?

If you could send me a basic project and instructions to replicate this then that would be appreciated, as it's very difficult to understand what is happening without being able to see your configuration.

All the best,
Joel
I've taken a look at the Type Manager. I've added in the GameObject type. Clicking the Generate Script and Selecting All on the Properties. When loading the Game it appears that Easy Save doesn't save the current state of the GameObjects Children. It is affecting the GameObject parent though. Changing the Layer correctly. But the children remain prefab default.

I'm reading through the Docs on how to use the Type Manager correctly still.

I'll see if I can create some sort of test scene for you but this project is now very large. Besides the Saving and Loading it only has a few new features to add before its playable.

To give you more information,

I have a ES3Prefab script on the Prefabs that the player can create and must be saved. The Prefabs children have no ES3 scripts attached to them. I've added the GameObject Type using the Type manager.

GameObject with the following ticked: Layer, isStatic, tag, name, hideFlags.
I also added
ES3Type_GameObject with the following ticked: type, isPrimitive, isValueType, isCollection, isDictionary, isES3TypeUnityObject, isReflectedType, isUnsupported.

Ticking Instance throws an error stating that ES3 could not find a definition for instance.

Should I add a script to the Prefab with all the information about the Object and its Children? Such as Active or Deactive, Materials and so on? and Set that script up in Type Manager?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I don't think I explained well enough. You should not create an ES3Type for GameObject, so I recommend deleting this as Easy Save already has built-in support for GameObjects. You should create an ES3Type for the custom Components on your GameObject that you want persisted.

Just to clarify, have you been to Window > Easy Save 3 > Settings and checked Save GameObject Children?

All the best,
Joel
Loki180

Post by Loki180 »

I don't think I explained well enough. You should not create an ES3Type for GameObject, so I recommend deleting this as Easy Save already has built-in support for GameObjects. You should create an ES3Type for the custom Components on your GameObject that you want persisted.

Just to clarify, have you been to Window > Easy Save 3 > Settings and checked Save GameObject Children?

All the best,
Joel
OK, I see what you mean now. I'll have a look into that.

No, the save children box was not ticked. I have an issue with the Settings tab however, it seems be trying to load something. The console errors saying, ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: target.

I've updated Unity to 2019.3.0b6 and re-downloaded Easy Save from the asset store.

Should I send a bug report? Or would it be better to fix the issue on the fourms?

To update the error still happens with a fresh Project.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you PM me a project which replicates the error?

Also note that I can't provide support for Unity betas as they are usually extremely buggy, so I would recommend going to a stable version of Unity.

All the best,
Joel
Loki180

Post by Loki180 »

Please could you PM me a project which replicates the error?

Also note that I can't provide support for Unity betas as they are usually extremely buggy, so I would recommend going to a stable version of Unity.

All the best,
Joel
Sure, do I just send it too you as a .rar?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

A RAR is fine. You may need to upload it to something like Google Drive or WeTransfer if it's large.

You can either PM it to me, or if you prefer, send me the link through moodkie.com/contact.

All the best,
Joel