Variable saved on one Android but not another

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
BISLY

Variable saved on one Android but not another

Post by BISLY »

hi there,
Before I go to the topic issue, I just wanted to start and say that my EasySave experience was not that easy....
i have been using the E3 auto save, just to discover it saves all gameobject properties, but not saving my FSM Variables and my entire game logic is made with Playmaker so.. not good.
i have a lot of variables in that fsm, and EasySave3 seems to only offer the option of saving one variable, in one action at a time... So I then decided to use the EasySave2 Actions to go about it. It seems that EasySave2 has a lot more useful action like Save\Load All which seem to look at fsm Variables. I don't know if this is the way to do it, as it seems in the EasySave 2 window, that i should only use only E3 Actions. if so, why it is installed as well? and why there is no documentation on combining them upon using Playmaker FSM Variables?

Anyhow, Load\Save all Action from E2 worked on my fsm variables- all but one. saving it will sends a console error. after hours of trying to understand the variable which causes the trouble, i discovered that an array of GameObjects which contains first object as None or Null (just not assign) causing the error, so i have assign to it some empty GameObject.

Now thats solved, all fsm variables gets saved and load, with no errors at all, except for one float in the fsm that wouldn't save. I dont get an error, it just that the Save\Load all works on all variables but this float. I was breaking my head around this for awhile, and after a lot of testing, i just recreated the fsm step by step, adding each variable and action individually, to understand which variable\action causing the issue, but after recreation the variable get sets every time. at the end result both FSM looks exactly the same!- one is saving the float and the other doesn't.

And now for the topic subject- i finally build my app and tested it my phone. it worked exactly as in editor, all gets saved, and i was pleased. than i installed the same apk on my girlfriends android, and all the variables seem to not be Saving\Loading on her phone.

My android ver is 9, and hers is 7, if its any help..
im not using the latest unity, Im using unity 2018.1.5f1
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Variable saved on one Android but not another

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are encountering issues. We do not currently have a Save All Fsm Variables action for Easy Save 3 as it hasn't yet been requested. However, if there is demand for it then I'm definitely happy to add it so I've added a feature request here.

With regards to the issue of the float not saving, if you could PM me a project and instructions to replicate this I would be happy to look into it.

With regards to data not being saved on your girlfriend's Android, would you be able to send me the console log from the device? If Easy Save encounters any difficulties when saving it will throw an exception to the console. For information on how to get the console log in Android here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started