ES3 Cloud or ES2 Web Save/Load?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
lightningman

ES3 Cloud or ES2 Web Save/Load?

Post by lightningman »

Hi everyone,

I am setting up a project using Easy Save 3 to run in the browser using webGL behind a member gated page on my wordpress site (which uses PHP).

I want to be able to manage save data between different users. I'm ok with prompting users to create a separate login in the unity build since i'm assuming that will be easier than getting that information from wordpress.

However, I am torn whether to use ES2.php or ES3 Cloud? Are there pros and cons with each when it comes to managing information for each user?

I'm a little confused on how to set this up and would appreciate any clarity :)

Thanks,
Chris
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES3 Cloud or ES2 Web Save/Load?

Post by Joel »

Hi Chris,

I strongly recommend using ES3Cloud, as ES2 is only provided for legacy purposes. Easy Save 3 is also a bit easier also as it allows you to upload complete files rather than individual pieces of data.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
lightningman

Post by lightningman »

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your reply. I tried ES3Cloud, but I recieved a message on my server saying the following:
Couldn't create PHP file on your server. This could be because file_put_contents is not supported on your server, or you do not have permission to write files to this folder on your server.

To manually install the PHP file, please create a file named ES3Variables.php in the same directory as your ES3.php file with the following contents:

After creating this file, installation will be complete.
I recieved this message after entering the database information on the page. Do you happen to have a walkthrough of how to do this? Also, assuming I get this part set up, how would I go about managing data for multiple users?

Thanks for your help. I'm excited to start using this.

Thanks,
Chris
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Chris,

I've PM'd you the ES3Variables.php, which you should put on your server alongside the ES3Cloud.php. You should modify it to include your own database details, and provide your own random API key (this is what you will use when calling ES3Cloud methods from Unity).

With regards to users and passwords, you can simply use the user and password parameters when calling the ES3Cloud methods using your users username and password.

All the best,
Joel
lightningman

Post by lightningman »

Hi Joel,

I did not receive a PM from you, bu I sent you a PM with a link to my email address.

Thanks,
Chris
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Apologies, it looks like I must have forgot to hit send on the PM. I'll send it over right away.

All the best,
Joel