PlayMaker Action Scripts Missing

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Infamous

PlayMaker Action Scripts Missing

Post by Infamous »

Hello there-

I have purchased Easy Save from the unity asset store. When I try to use a Playmaker action (i.e Save Auto Save) it tells me that the script is missing. This happens with all actions.
They show up in the action browser, but they do not work and cant find the associated script. I tried Deleting everything and re-importing Easy Save with no luck.

I have tried to search the internet for solutions and even tried to find the scripts through Playmaker Ecosystem with no luck.

Im not sure if this is a new bug or not, but it is not working for me on multiple projects.

Please help.

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: PlayMaker Action Scripts Missing

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I have not seen this issue before. First, please could you check that there are no errors in the console? The only situation I could see this happening is if there were other script errors preventing the actions from being compiled. Also just to check, are you using Assembly Definition Files? This might cause this.

If there are no errors, please could you PM me a very basic project which replicates this?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Infamous

Post by Infamous »

Hello Joel-

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to make sure that I tried everything before sending the project.

Here is what I did:

- Deleted the Easy Save package from the Appdata folder
- Created an empty 3d project
- imported Playmaker
- Downloaded and Imported Easy Save
- Created a Playmaker Object with the Save Auto Save action. You can see its missing the script.

I have uploaded the project to WeTransfer here: Removed

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I deleted the link from your post as this would have allowed people to download the Easy Save package.

I've tried with the project you sent me and it appears to be working fine. Note that there is no UI for the Save Auto Save because there are no parameters required for it. If the script doesn't exist, Playmaker shouldn't display it in the list, so it may be worth getting in touch with Hutong Games to understand why this might happen.

Also note that the Save Auto Save action is part of Easy Save 2's Auto Save functionality, which is no longer supported. If you wish to use Auto Save, please use Easy Save 3's Auto Save functionality.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started