Issue with font color

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
zengusan

Issue with font color

Post by zengusan »

After importing ES3 into my project, any font color changes will not reflected in the Editor. Whenever I do a Reimport, the correct color will show up. If I remove the ES3 package, everything will work again.

I am using Mac Catalina and Unity 2019.1.0.f2.

P.S. Previously I have an issue with black text. You have sent me a fix and that works. Now, I am importing fresh from the assetstore.

Thank you!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Issue with font color

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

That's very strange, I've had no reports of this, especially on the latest version which doesn't use the Unity methods which trigger the 'black text' issue. Please could you PM me a project which replicates this?

I would also recommend updating Unity if you can, as you're on quite an early version of 2019.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
zengusan

Post by zengusan »

Thanks Joel for the prompt reply,

I just upgraded to 2019.2.9f1, but the same thing happened. I use the color wheel to change the font color, there is no change in the Unity editor. I then reimport ES3 and the correct color shows up. Then I try to change the color of another text field, same thing happens again...

Usually right after a quick fix (like a reimport), when I change the color of a piece of text, it will work. But when I select another text, it will stop working.

This project is a clone of my old project with the old version of ES3. Is it possible that the previous version has not been removed completely?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you PM me a basic project which replicates this? I would not be able to determine what is happening without this.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
zengusan

Post by zengusan »

My project is very big and has a lot of other plugins and packages. Difficult to send over to you.

I have tried changing some of the texts to textmeshpro texts, and they seem to be working fine.