Invalid Cast on Rect Transform

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
rsms

Invalid Cast on Rect Transform

Post by rsms »

Hello,

I'm using Easy Save 3 on a project in Unity 2018, and am having an issue when loading a saved prefab. I am hoping somebody here will be able to help me out.

The prefab loads partially until it reaches a reference to a rect transform on a code attached to the game object I'm loading. Then I receive an Invalid Cast Exception which points me to line 36 in the Es3_Type_RectTransform script. The referenced object that contains the rect transform is just a child of the prefab which has nothing else on it but a script that is used to display some info on the UI. The script on the rect transform object does reference TextMeshPro, which I am also using in my project, but other than that, pretty standard stuff: ints, sliders, a string, and UI buttons.

Just to be clear, I do not need to attach the ES3 prefab script to anything but the parent game object containing every other child and component I want to save, correct?

Also, I have checked, and it is saving/loading other objects containing TextMeshPro components correctly, so I don't think that's what is going on here.

Thanks for your time and help!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Invalid Cast on Rect Transform

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I believe this is an issue that is fixed in our upcoming update. If you private message me your invoice number I'm happy to send this update to you now :)

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Paden Pierry

Post by Paden Pierry »

I was trying to get ES3's auto saving working and I felt like I was going insane, I could only generate errors but this bug in particular was really messing everything up. Do you have an ETA on the release of the working build? My invoice is in an inactive email account and I'm being lazy and not wanting to go hunting for it.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The update was supposed to be going live last week, but while it was on the approval queue we found a rather significant bug at Unity's end in 2019.3 which we had to resubmit to provide a workaround. Hopefully Unity will approve it by the end of this week.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started