ES3 - Newb Question - Save/Load GameObjects with Random ints

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Smokk

ES3 - Newb Question - Save/Load GameObjects with Random ints

Post by Smokk »

Hi there,

first of all wow thx for this great asset, saved me as absolutely newbie programmer so much time :)

Now i have a Problem, i want to save some items (preFabs). The items get random stats when they were created.

I got it to work, that the items were loaded with the script for random stats on it (added the script in Types in easy save and clicked on all values). GREAT :) I was so happy ! But then i saw, that the values got changed. Every time i load the items the values change. Think the problem is , that in my stats script in Start it says :
amuletStr = Random.Range(0, 5);
amuletDex = Random.Range(0, 5);
amuletInt = Random.Range(0, 5);

But when i try to save these random rolled stats with ES3 save and load then, every item got the same stats ^^ Damn i am sitting here since hours and cant get it to work , i think my newbie programmer brain is not big enough, so any help would be lovely:)

Thx so far Smokk
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES3 - Newb Question - Save/Load GameObjects with Random

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately it's not possible for me to tell what is happening from what you have said.

Please could you create a new project with a basic script which replicates the issue and private message it to me? Hopefully then I will be able to see what is happening.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started