Settings menu not displaying and build issues Unity 2019.2

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
casualbebop

Settings menu not displaying and build issues Unity 2019.2

Post by casualbebop »

Hey,

I'm having issues with ES3 on all versions of Unity 2019.2. Launching the project from Unity Hub.

The settings menu is not displaying and I'm getting error messages. I saw a previous post about the issue occurring in 2019.3, you mentioned it should work in 2019.2, but no luck.

Thanks.

It's throwing this error, which made me check settings:

Code: Select all

Assembly "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass" could not be found. If you are using Assembly Definition Files, you should delete this assembly from the "Assemblies containing ES3Types" list in Window > Easy Save 3 > Settings, and add the names of the Assemblies you are using instead.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
ES3Internal.ES3Reflection:get_Assemblies() (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3Reflection.cs:45)
ES3Internal.ES3Reflection:GetInstances() (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3Reflection.cs:275)
ES3Internal.ES3TypeMgr:Init() (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3TypeMgr.cs:123)
ES3Internal.ES3TypeMgr:GetES3Type(Type) (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3TypeMgr.cs:30)
ES3Editor.TypesWindow:HasExplicitES3Type(Type) (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/TypesWindow.cs:674)
ES3Editor.TypesWindow:Init() (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/TypesWindow.cs:465)
ES3Editor.TypesWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/TypesWindow.cs:53)
ES3Editor.ES3Window:OnGUI() (at Assets/General/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Window.cs:101)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Settings menu not displaying and build issues Unity 2019

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've had no reports of this. Just to check, have you moved Easy Save from outside of the Assets > Plugins folder? Assembly-CSharp-firstpass is the assembly created by Unity when there's scripts in the Plugins folder, and I strongly recommend keeping Easy Save here as it ensures it's compiled before your own scripts.

If Easy Save is indeed in this folder, please could you send me a basic project which replicates this? If Assembly-CSharp-firstpass isn't being created, and you're not using Assembly Definition Files, this suggests a critical bug at Unity's end.

If you are using assembly definition files, please could you go to Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3/ES3 Default Settings, click 'Open Prefab', and then on the ES3DefaultSettings Component, delete 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass' from the 'Assembly Names' array and add your own assembly names here.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started