Two Errors On Upgrading

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Johnny Star

Two Errors On Upgrading

Post by Johnny Star »

So, I don't really like the idea of upgrading things unless it's breaking me.
So, I upgraded from Unity 2019.2.9f1 to the recent 2019.3.9f1.
Ever since the upgrade, I'm receiving two errors from ES3 3.2.0p2.

Code: Select all

Could not find ES3 Default Settings object in Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ES3Settings:GetDefaultSettings() (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Settings/ES3Settings.cs:231)
ES3Postprocessor:get_defaultSettings() (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:48)
ES3Postprocessor:get_refMgr() (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:28)
ES3Postprocessor:AddGameObjectsAndComponentsToManager() (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:125)
ES3Postprocessor:OnWillSaveAssets(String[]) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:105)
UnityEditor.AssetModificationProcessorInternal:OnWillSaveAssets(String[], String[]&, String[]&, Boolean)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ES3Settings.GetDefaultSettings () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Settings/ES3Settings.cs:232)
ES3Postprocessor.get_defaultSettings () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:48)
ES3Postprocessor.get_refMgr () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:28)
ES3Postprocessor.AddGameObjectsAndComponentsToManager () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:125)
ES3Postprocessor.OnWillSaveAssets (System.String[] paths) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:105)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
UnityEditor.AssetModificationProcessorInternal.OnWillSaveAssets (System.String[] assets, System.String[]& assetsThatShouldBeSaved, System.String[]& assetsThatShouldBeReverted, System.Boolean explicitlySaveAsset) (at <bf679006b1b84db2a5a44842ef13dc36>:0)
Any idea what is causing this? I also tried importing into a fresh empty project opened in 2019.3.9f1.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Two Errors On Upgrading

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you've tried reimporting from the Asset Store, it sounds like the Asset Store is still sending you the version for Unity 2018.

Please could you try deleting the package from the Asset Store's cache and try redownloading to see if this resolves the issue? Their cache is located here:

macOS: ~/Library/Unity/Asset Store
Windows: C:\Users\accountName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Johnny Star

Post by Johnny Star »

Hi Joel, thanks for getting back!
Apparently, importing it into a new project also gives the same tissue again. On closer look, the debug msg states:

Could not find ES3 Default Settings object in Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3.
But the weird thing is that the file is actually there. So I closed and reopened the project and the error disappeared. So... I'm guessing this is just a one time error of sorts?

So the initial error no long appear anymore but I'm encountering a new error:

Assembly "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass" could not be found. If you are using Assembly Definition Files, you should delete this assembly from the "Assemblies containing ES3Types" list in Window > Easy Save 3 > Settings, and add the names of the Assemblies you are using instead.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
ES3Internal.ES3Reflection:get_Assemblies() (at Assets/Settings/Asset Store Packages/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3Reflection.cs:45)
ES3Internal.ES3Reflection:GetInstances() (at Assets/Settings/Asset Store Packages/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3Reflection.cs:275)
ES3Internal.ES3TypeMgr:Init() (at Assets/Settings/Asset Store Packages/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3TypeMgr.cs:123)
ES3Internal.ES3TypeMgr:GetOrCreateES3Type(Type, Boolean) (at Assets/Settings/Asset Store Packages/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3TypeMgr.cs:18)
ES3Reader:Read(String, Boolean) (at Assets/Settings/Asset Store Packages/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:186)
ES3:Load(String, Boolean, ES3Settings) (at Assets/Settings/Asset Store Packages/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:310)
ES3:Load(String, Boolean) (at Assets/Settings/Asset Store Packages/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:278)
GameData:Start() (at Assets/Scripts/Photon Networking/GameData.cs:173)
Any idea what of this?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This warning is thrown because in the Easy Save settings, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass is defined as an assembly which will contain ES3 types. However, in your project there are no scripts in Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, so this assembly cannot be found. You can follow the instructions in the warning if you no longer want to be shown this.

We won't be throwing this warning in future versions as Unity has provided us with a way of handling this gracefully.

All the best,
Joel
Johnny Star

Post by Johnny Star »

So I just have to remove that from the list, am I right?
No need to add/replace any assembly files into the list?
Sorry, I get super worried when I see errors from packages/third-party assets because I don't want to unknowing change something which breaks it completely...
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You just need to remove Assembly-CSharp-firstpass from the list.

All the best,
Joel
Johnny Star

Post by Johnny Star »

Thank you so much Joel! Hope you have a great day ahead and stay safe :)