No Intellisense...

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Heath Close

No Intellisense...

Post by Heath Close »

maybe I'm doing something wrong as I just learned to code, although I just wrote a whole easy save system yesterday for a different game, but when I updated my easy save just now to import in a new project, the namespace (if I'm using that term correctly) isn't showing up as usable in visual studio...

2019.12.f1
VS 8.5.4 (build 12)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.47.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.47.54 AM.png (103.26 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
Last edited by Heath Close on Tue May 05, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heath Close

Re: Namespace not showing up?

Post by Heath Close »

I wrote the code using the api webpage as nothing was coming up in Intellisense, and it compiled and ran without errors, but it was tedious looking up everything without seeing the Intellisense suggestions, and no way of knowing if I made errors or not since everything was an error...
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: No Intellisense...

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We have no control over what Intellisense displays, so this will be a bug with Visual Studio, which unfortunately I can't assist with. It appears to be working fine at our end, so you might want to try reinstalling Visual Studio, or rebuilding your Unity project.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Heath Close

Post by Heath Close »

Joel wrote:Hi there,

We have no control over what Intellisense displays, so this will be a bug with Visual Studio, which unfortunately I can't assist with. It appears to be working fine at our end, so you might want to try reinstalling Visual Studio, or rebuilding your Unity project.

All the best,
Joel
Not sure I understand... I had easy save Intellisense yesterday, I updated easy save, now no Intellisense. How do you mean "rebuilding my unity project".
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I'm not sure what is happening, but Easy Save is just a script which Visual Studio displays. No code in Easy Save modifies the behaviour of Visual Studio so it cannot itself affect Intellisense.

Try deleting the csproj and sln files in your project folder and see if this resolves the issue. I recommend making a backup of your project before doing so.

All the best,
Joel
himil

Post by himil »

I have a same problem. It worked before updating ES.
Attached Image captured from clean project with ES only.

Unity version: 2019.3.12f1 / ES version: 3.3.0

Edit:
I tested with previous version of Unity. (2019.3.7f1) and it works.
I guess this problem is related to unity
Attachments
Image.PNG
Image.PNG (14.58 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

If you're able to private message me a link to a project which replicates it I'm happy to see if I can find a solution to the issue. However, as this will be a bug at Unity's or Visual Studio's end, I'm only very limited in what I can do.

All the best,
Joel