Easy Save 3 Manager prefab duplicates

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Liens

Easy Save 3 Manager prefab duplicates

Post by Liens »

Is my Easy Save 3 Manager supposed to have the same ES3Prefab objects in it multiple times? My manager is so full of duplicates that if I try to use the "Refresh" button it crashes Unity (hangs for several minutes, then Unity crashes with an out of memory error). Deleting the manager and re-inserting it crashes Unity in the same way.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Easy Save 3 Manager prefab duplicates

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you send me a project which replicates this? I don't appear to have any reports of ES3Prefabs being duplicated?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Liens

Post by Liens »

They don't duplicate in the scene, but in the ES3Prefabs list (inside ES3PReferenceManager). I'm not sure where to begin to reproduce this, or the crashing on "Refresh" button.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Are you able to upload your existing project to something like Google Drive and PM me the link?

All the best,
Joel
Liens

Post by Liens »

Unfortunately that isn't possible, however the duplication could just be because I have for example a prefab in the project, and one instance of that prefab in the scene.. so two prefab references total?

Does this help at all with the crashing? It's the error:
https://i.gyazo.com/1dfa252ef2b4ff144ad ... f3c31c.png

I get the crash/error even when trying to spawn a new ES3 Reference Manager in a new blank scene for this project.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The line numbers don't seem to match up with those in the latest version on the Asset Store. I've PM'd you the latest version just to ensure that the Asset Store hasn't made a mistake.

Would you be able to send me the same error message after installing this update?

All the best,
Joel
Liens

Post by Liens »

I was using the last one you sent (Easy Save 3 20-05-07)

This latest version crashes without an error message now. I watched in Task Manager, and it doesn't seem to be a memory problem anymore as Unity's memory never goes above normal amounts. Not sure what's causing this crash now though.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've actually had another customer who is having a similar issue, so you're not alone. They're also unable to send over a project to replicate it, but I'll send over the same package I've sent them which in theory should resolve the issue (if it's what I think it is ... a cyclic reference in the manager).

Before installing the update you should delete the Easy Save 3 Manager in your scene, and Plugins/Easy Save 3/Resources/ES3/Global References.asset (this will be automatically recreated when required).

After installing, you can re-add the manager to your scene.

All the best,
Joel
Liens

Post by Liens »

Unfortunately there was no difference after following those steps and using the p2 version. Once I do Assets>Easy Save 3>Add Manager to Scene, it crashes without an error.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Thank you for your continued patience. I believe I've actually been able to replicate your issue. If so, the update I've just PMed you should resolve the issue.

All the best,
Joel