Easy Save Issue with Web GL

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
jcjunglebob

Easy Save Issue with Web GL

Post by jcjunglebob »

EasySave is causing my WebGL application to crash.

I get a warning about multiple FS.syncfs operations happening in parallel. Then I get an infinite loop with "PlayerLoop internal function" stating it is being called recursively.

Works in editor, I have cleared out saves multiple times for testing fresh and returning players. I removed all references to loading or saving with EasySave and no errors are found in the console. Putting even a single Save call causes the problem.

I am using both the latest Unity and ES3 versions.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Easy Save Issue with Web GL

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you private message me a basic project and instructions to replicate this? I've had no other reports of this and don't appear to be getting this behaviour at my end.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
jcjunglebob

Post by jcjunglebob »

After messing around with it for a while, I ended up loading a new project, and syncing all my Player Settings with it. Something in there fixed it (thinking data caching option, but too sick of test runs to verify).

On a side note, it turns out that importing the save manager object into a scene that has a prefab with an event to set a game object as active just crashes Unity. Not a problem for me, but just thought I'd mention it.

P.S. If you'd like more information to look into it, let me know, but I think I am okay now
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Thanks for the heads-up, we're already aware of that issue and a fix is due to be approved by Unity this morning :)

All the best,
Joel
jcjunglebob

Post by jcjunglebob »

Looks like the problem is still around. It seems to now be fixed if I locally build, but still show up going through a cloud build. Using default Web GL target settings in cloud. Guessing there are some default target settings in cloud build that are not mixing well? Still investigating.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

You'll need to make sure that the update has propagated to your cloud build. Let me know if you find out more.

All the best,
Joel
jcjunglebob

Post by jcjunglebob »

Yeah, the cloud build has the latest code, I did a clean build, and even remade a target from scratch to clean out anything that might be cached secretly. I made sure compression types matched, and am in the process of trying to make it fail locally again to at least narrow down the exact option.
jcjunglebob

Post by jcjunglebob »

So I got it working through cloud build. Removing CinemaMachine and PostProcessing packages fixed it.

When I fixed the build locally, one thing I ended up doing was clearing out Scripting Define Symbols from an old deleted package. One which post processing was continuously setting.

I am guessing the error was somewhere around this and cloud build not properly setting something. (I also made custom defines in cloud build config match the symbol definitions that were being set with no luck)

I also noticed CinemaMachine was being stored in ES3Defaults, not sure if that had any impact.