InvalidOperationException: An Easy Save 3 Manager is required to load references.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Liens

InvalidOperationException: An Easy Save 3 Manager is required to load references.

Post by Liens »

Hello, after upgrading to the latest Easy Save from the asset store, I now get this error every time I play in the editor:

Code: Select all

ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.ReadObject[T] (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:77)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType.Read[T] (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:54)
ES3Reader.ReadObject[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:233)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:262)
ES3.Deserialize (ES3Types.ES3Type type, System.Byte[] bytes, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:519)
ES3.Deserialize[T] (System.Byte[] bytes, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:509)
ES3File.Load[T] (System.String key) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3File.cs:223)
GameManager.LoadAllPrefabs () (at Assets/Main/Scripts/GameManager.cs:329)
GameManager.LoadGame () (at Assets/Main/Scripts/GameManager.cs:76)
GameManager.Awake () (at Assets/Main/Scripts/GameManager.cs:56)
I definitely have an Easy Save 3 Manager in the scene, I even deleted the one in the scene and re-added it, which someimtes works until the scene is closed and opened again, but usually it does not.
Last edited by Liens on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: InvalidOperationException: An Easy Save 3 Manager is required to load references.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We're currently waiting for Unity to approve an update to address this. In the meantime if you PM me your invoice number I'll send over the update.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Kirrua

Re: InvalidOperationException: An Easy Save 3 Manager is required to load references.

Post by Kirrua »

I am having the same issue.

Mine is even more complicated because I am using a multi-scene setup:

- UI scene
- Game scene

So, ES doesn't seem to recognize that there is already a manager in the UI scene (I would assume that it is where I should put it, since it's the only thing that is not going to be unloaded) but if I put multiple, it used to complain.

I thought of removing from all the scenes and now it gives me errors (even crashed the build).

What can I do?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest version available from the Asset Store?

If so, please could you private message me a project which replicates this?

All the best,
Joel
unreal

Post by unreal »

Hey Joel,

I am on the latest build of ES3 from the asset store: Version: 3.3.1f7 and getting this error.

"InvalidOperationException: An Easy Save 3 Manager is required to load references. To add one to your scene, exit playmode and go to Assets > Easy Save 3 > Add Manager to Scene"

This is happening despite the fact that I have an ES3 Manager GO in my hierarchy and it has been there since before updating.

What are the steps to resolve it?

Thanks,
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've had no reports of this in the latest version of Easy Save. Please could you private message me a link to a project which replicates this?

All the best,
Joel
Kokorozashi

Post by Kokorozashi »

This can happen if you have a Don'tDestroyOnLoad set on the manager. I don't remember how to make it automatically get added to scenes again so can't help you once you remove the DDOL.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Kokorozashi wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 am This can happen if you have a Don'tDestroyOnLoad set on the manager. I don't remember how to make it automatically get added to scenes again so can't help you once you remove the DDOL.
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, you currently need an Easy Save 3 Manager in every scene in which you're loading references, even if you're using DontDestroyOnLoad. If Easy Save detects there's two managers in a scene, it will merge them.

Note that in the upcoming update we're relaxing this requirement and allowing a manager in DontSaveOnLoad to be used. If you would like this update, please PM me your invoice number.

All the best,
Joel