Easy Save 3 Manager prefab issues

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Liens

Easy Save 3 Manager prefab issues

Post by Liens »

Hello, I'm having an issue where I save an ES3Prefab in Scene1 and then load it into Scene2, the object loads just fine in Scene2 but if I change the material of the object in Scene1 and load it in Scene2 it will only load the original prefab with unaltered material in Scene2.

I did get a "Reference for UnityEngine.Material could not be found in Easy Save's reference manager." warning when loading, but the manager has been refreshed. And it did not give the warning when saving in Scene1 and loading in Scene3.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Easy Save 3 Manager prefab issues

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Is there a reference to the Material in your Scene 2? If there is no reference to it, it will not be added to the reference manager.

Also how are you changing your material? If you access the 'material' field of a renderer, it will create a new instance of the Material which won't exist when you leave the scene. In this case you should use sharedMaterial instead.

If that's not the issue, would you be able to private message me a basic project which replicates this?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Liens

Post by Liens »

I'm changing the material by changing it in the editor's inspector window on a prefab instance before pressing play.

I do not think there is a reference to the material in Scene 2, though I did try manually adding the material through 'right clicking the material in project folder>Easy Save 3>Add to reference manager' but it didn't make a difference. Should I be adding it some other way?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Would you be able to private message me a basic project which replicates this?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started