Saving and Loading not carrying over to next play.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saving and Loading not carrying over to next play.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've tried your script and it appears to be working fine for me with the combinations you've mentioned. I've also sent it to some colleagues to test in their projects and they don't appear to be encountering any issues either.

If something fails at Easy Save's end, it will output an error to console. Are you getting any errors or warnings in the console? And if so, what errors/warnings are you getting?

Also just to check, have you changed any settings in Window > Easy Save 3 > Settings? If so, please could you send me a screenshot of your settings window.

You might also want to try going to Window > Easy Save 3 > Tools and pressing Clear Persistent Data Path, just in case there's any corrupt save data causing issues.

Would you be able to upload your project folder to something like Google Drive/WeTransfer and private message me the link so I can see what is happening in your specific project?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Amateur Programmer

Post by Amateur Programmer »

So I have managed to resolve the problem but I am not sure what has done it. I had done what you had suggested to do in the last reply and failed to send you the reply sorry (picture of settings etc). So I shifted the script over to a new project and shifted all of my entire project over and it worked half way through the process (I was testing along the way) and no longer did as I finished the entire project. The last couple things I did that may have been causing the problem were: delete the GameObject holding the Easy save script (the one I am using for testing) and create a new GO with the easy save script (I dont think this was the issue) and the other thing was DELETE a gameobject that I had created following your old youtube videos that also had scripts that I had created on it copying your old video. These scripts could have been influencing it? For example I think one was called Easy Save Manager and various others that had similiar titles for the script. Anyway, thank you for persisting with me, I am so far impressed with it now that it is working as it should. I will keep in contact with you if it doesnt work anymore. In a week or so of using it without problems I will be leaving a positive review. Worth the 50 bucks for sure if it continues to work. Your extensive help has edged me to keep trying..... Cheers
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Glad you've managed to get it working.
and the other thing was DELETE a gameobject that I had created following your old youtube videos that also had scripts that I had created on it copying your old video. These scripts could have been influencing it?
It sounds like this could have been interfering with the saving. Just to clarify, we don't have any videos on YouTube so I would follow those videos with caution :)

All the best,
Joel
Amateur Programmer

Wow, that makes a lot of sense to how I ended up so confused! Thanks again :D
Amateur Programmer

Sadly it is doing it again. I would like to send you the project file if that is okay. Google Drive Okay with you?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Google Drive works for me. If you could private message me the link that would be great.

If you can provide step-by-step instructions to replicate your issue that would also be welcomed.

All the best,
Joel