Smart way to manage data

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
NamekoEnoki

Smart way to manage data

Post by NamekoEnoki »

Hello.
Since this text is written using automatic translation, it may be difficult to read, but I would appreciate your help.

What I want to do:
I want to save the whole area with a few keys, and keep the reference to the skill data when the character is generated from the character data (Scriptable Objects) that has the skill data (Scriptable Objects).

What I am confirming:
I have confirmed that the problem will be solved by saving only the skill data list with a different key and loading the skill data list first before loading the class, but in doing so, the number of objects named "New GameObject" will be generated and the hierarchy will be disturbed.

What I want to tell you:
How to not generate this NewGameObject. Or, I would like you to tell me a smarter way to save and build data.

What I am doing now:
GameObjects are separated into data (soul) and entities (Body) so that the Vfx and Sfx of the prefabricated object are not saved when saving.
I use inheritance because it can involve a lot of common processing, but I don't feel like it's written smartly.

I think the way of data construction is out of the scope of support, so you can skip it.

I will paste the code in the following URL. thank you.

https://www.datadeliver.net/receiver/fi ... 9b&lang=ja
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Smart way to manage data

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Have you followed the instructions with regards to saving and loading GameObjects on this page?

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... s-prefabs/

In particular if you're saving and loading prefab instances you should follow the Saving and Loading Prefab Instances section of the guide. Not following this guide is the main cause of getting new GameObjects() in your scene.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started