Spreadsheet Uses "," as seperator?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Chimar

Spreadsheet Uses "," as seperator?

Post by Chimar »

Hi Joel,

I've been playing around with the Spreadsheet functionality (I'm trying to create a way to save/display research data accumulated through unity apps/games) and I've run into a bit of a wall.

It seems the default row/column separator is a "," which doesn't work in my version of Excel (which uses ';') and can lead to issues in different languages. Is there any way to change what im making the spreadsheet for? Or perhaps a way to manually change what gets used as the separator?

I looked over the methods for the spreadsheet but maybe i missed the solution.

Cheers!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Spreadsheet Uses "," as seperator?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

CSV files have to use commas to separate the file (CSV stands for comma-separated values). However, there should be an option in Excel to choose a different delimiter when importing the CSV file.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Chimar

Post by Chimar »

I reckon the people i'm building this for will balk at having to go through the import process but i'll see what I can do with it.

Thanks for the info though, have a good one!
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi Joel,

Being able to change the delimiter would also be useful for my project. It is true that Excel has a feature that can break up rows with different delimiters, but it's still a hassle to have to open the file after each time it's used in the game/EasySave. And when I need the files to be Created, opened and saved in the app, it just defeats the purpose.

I noticed that ES3Spreadsheet.cs in the EasySave3/Scripts folder has a variable on line 15 called "COMMA_CHAR".

Code: Select all

private const char COMMA_CHAR = ',';
I tried changing it to the delimiter of my choice, and it worked correctly, but I haven't tested it extensively.

I thought I'd just throw that out there for anyone else to consider, though use it at your own risk, of course.

Nonetheless, Thanks for the great plugin!
Michael
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for the feedback Michael. If there's further demand for this to be made customisable, we'll see about adding a setting for it.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started