Autosave SavePath question

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Berncat

Autosave SavePath question

Post by Berncat »

I've been setting up a save file system, when using normal ES3.Save/Load I used ES3Settings.defaultSettings.path to set a path to a SaveFile and it is persistent between scenes. However when I use ES3AutoSaveMgr.Current.settings.path to set a path to a save file, it seems to only change the current autosave manager on that particular scene.

Is it possible to change the default path at runtime via code to a particular savefile for all AutoSaveManagers? Otherwise the only way I can think to do this is to make a separate script that runs on Awake() to set the filepath to a particular savefolder, and then have AutoSave instantiate on Start() rather than Awake()?

I am not aware of whether AutoSaveManager can be made persistent across scenes or if each one on each scene must be separate.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Autosave SavePath question

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

An Auto Save manager is specific to a scene, so you would need to change the path on Awake() in each scene you enter containing an Auto Save Manager.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
3DDDGames

Post by 3DDDGames »

Thx for the answer !The "awake" usage it's not in the "easy guide"...
So... Default path, in the settings tab, what is it for ?
When i modify the name and/or the path, nothing change : datas are always saved in the "SaveFile.es3". (Location: File, Directory : data path)
No way to save new datas from another scene ?? (For exemple : there's no enemies list in the start menu ;) )
Thanks a lot by advance.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The Settings panel is for if you're using code. Auto Save has its own settings in the Auto Save window.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started