ES3 Reference Mgr ... Reference Id's not persisted ... Unclear operation ...

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
rktumuluri

Re: ES3 Reference Mgr ... Reference Id's not persisted ... Unclear operation ...

Post by rktumuluri »

Joel,

This is an App that let's a user design "Interiors" with furniture, lamps etc. Once an object is imported it could be transformed or modified. So saving all this separately is difficult.

Since after an import operation it all becomes part of the Unity scene, a general solution would be good. Here ES3.Save() is correctly saving. Only problem seems to be with ES3.load().

I will experiment with saving ES3ReferenceMgr and re-loading it back. On a different note is there a way to set "ReferenceMode" (to value or reference-value) at runtime ?. Could not find it in the documentation.

Overall it should not be so hard to save a gameObject once it has become a part of the scene.

The project I sent is the right one. I have not saved "material" and "mesh" separately. I actually do not yet know how to do that. Any pointers will help.

Once again Thanks
/rk
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES3 Reference Mgr ... Reference Id's not persisted ... Unclear operation ...

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The issue is that when you reload the scene, there won't be a reference to your objects (because they will no longer exist), so it's impossible to maintain a reference to them. Saving the reference manager will do nothing.

You could use ES3ReferenceMgr.Current.Add(object, id) to maintain your own reference, ensuring the same ID is used for each object on each load of the app.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
rktumuluri

Post by rktumuluri »

Joel,

If there is a similar project that uses EasySave3 you can point to, it would help. (i.e adding new object into scene, saving and loading in different session).

We are trying to get a well-understood save/open model as in ms-word and many desktop-apps.

Regards
/rk