ES3Spreadsheet to database without generating local file?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Chimar

ES3Spreadsheet to database without generating local file?

Post by Chimar »

I'm trying to figure out a way to save a ES3Spreadsheet without having to generate a file (so I can save spreadsheets to a database without having to generate a CSV file locally, which leads to problems in webgl builds.)

A work around would be to save the ES3Spreadsheet to a ES3File that isn't synced to local storage, then pushing that into the database, like seen here with the "var file = new ES3File(false);" : https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1707

then I could treat the ES3Spreadsheet like a normal variable that doesn't require a file until I specifically just want to create a local file.

from some quick tests and looking over the documentation it doesn't seem to be supported. I'm going to try to make it manually supported but can you maybe think of a simpler way to solve this problem that I'm not seeing?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES3Spreadsheet to database without generating local file?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You can do this by storing the data to cache rather than to file. For more information see this guide:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... rformance/

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Chimar

Re: ES3Spreadsheet to database without generating local file?

Post by Chimar »

Managed to have ES3Spreadsheets be supported through the tools in the editor and it seems to be working. I just had to set the ES3Spreadsheet Index from protected to public. I managed to save something and then use get cell. After I run some more tests and make sure it works in the DB ill post an update.

EDIT: i posted this before i noticed Joel answered.

Thanks Joel, ill look into it!