Auto Save Error in Easy Save 3

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Fabian

Auto Save Error in Easy Save 3

Post by Fabian »

Hello, I am currently working on on saving instaniated prefabs (Unity). I am using the Auto Save Manager and also set up all the steps which go ahead with the Auto Save Guide on the website. But when I am using ES3AutoSaveMgr.Current.Load(); and ES3AutoSaveMgr.Current.Save(); I get the following eroor message: NotSupportedException: Generic type "ES3Internal.ES3SerializableDictionary`2[System.Int64,UnityEngine.Object]" is not supported by Easy Save. I kind of tried to fix it with changing my own code, but I think there is something wrong wit the Easy Save 3 Manager in Scene. Maybe you could help with this problem! Thank you! Fabian
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Auto Save Error in Easy Save 3

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've replied to your email.
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Hey,

so I got to fix that problem. I tried to save the Save Manager in Scene. But right now, I am getting other errors.

I am using Astar Pathfinder and I want to save the people who were unlocked by the player.

NotSupportedException: Type of UnityEngine.Motion is not supported as it does not have a parameterless constructor. Only value types, Components or ScriptableObjects are supportable without a parameterless constructor. However, you may be able to create an ES3Type script to add support for it.

this is the error that occurs, when I try to load the game and an error with Pathfinding occures when I try to save the game...

--> NotSupportedException: Type of Pathfinding.GridNode is not supported as it does not have a parameterless constructor. Only value types, Components or ScriptableObjects are supportable without a parameterless constructor. However, you may be able to create an ES3Type script to add support for it.

I think I need a bit more knowledge about how auto save works...I am kinda lost at the moment.

Maybe you have an answer to that problem!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This error is occurring because these types are not serializable. You may be able to add support for them by creating an ES3Type script for them and modifying it. This is documented here:

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... g-es3types

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Thats what I searched for!

Thank you very much for you time Joel!
VIMAGE

Post by VIMAGE »

Hey, how did you achieve saving unityengine.Motion? I followed the steps provided in the document, but I am completly lost on how to apply that to the type "Motion".

I am trying to save an AnimationClip and it looks like you achieved that...
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Hey,

I think what I did was to go in the Auto Save settings and tick the animation component to be auto saved by ES3.

Hopefully, this can help you!

Fabian