Easy Save with Normcore Realtime

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Deedgeminds

Easy Save with Normcore Realtime

Post by Deedgeminds »

Not sure if anyone has experience with Normcore for multiplayer. I'm loading saved prefabs into a scene that is using Normcore for multiplayer. Normcore uses a "Realtime" component to keep track of items to be synced across the network. It is possible to have multiple Realtimes in a scene.
When you instantiate a prefab you have to let Normcore know which Realtime you are instantiating the prefab into. I have modified the code in the ES3Prefab and it worked fine with only one Realtime in the scene. Now that I have to have 2 Realtimes in the scene, I'm not sure how to pass a reference of which Realtime I want to use to ES3Prefab.

Code: Select all

var instance = Application.isPlaying ? Realtime.Instantiate(es3Prefab.gameObject.name, es3Prefab.gameObject.transform.position, es3Prefab.gameObject.transform.rotation, true, false, true, es3Prefab._realtimeInstance) : PrefabUtility.InstantiatePrefab(es3Prefab.gameObject);

this is the line I'm modifying to make it work with Normcore. The problem is the "es3Prefab._realtimeInstance". This was my hack to try and get the prefab to instantiate into the proper Realtime instance. It does not work.

If anyone is familiar with this I would truly appreciate any insight.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Easy Save with Normcore Realtime

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I'm afraid I don't have experience with Normcore so am unable to provide assistance, but hopefully someone else on the forum with experience of this asset will be able to assist.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Deedgeminds

Re: Easy Save with Normcore Realtime

Post by Deedgeminds »

No worries. Thanks Joel!