Getting ES3 Auto Save to work

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
yimingt

Re: Getting ES3 Auto Save to work

Post by yimingt »

If no value in the component was set to be auto saved, would it default to values set in the base prefab or would they be reset?
yimingt

Post by yimingt »

I have attached the ES3 Auto Save onto an object and it seems to be saving components on the object even without setting any components to be saved. I'm confused as to what the "Components To Save" on the ES3 Auto Save is supposed to do now.

Another issue I'm running into is saving material instances. Since they don't have an ID in the Reference manager, it's unable to reassign the material. However, this material is not a unique generation at the start. The emissive intensity is changed during certain times and this can be easily replicable by the script that's already doing it. Is there a way to generate an ID for the material instance and save it for the manager or is there a way to exclude the component from being saved?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've had no reports of this issue. Please could you replicate it in a new project with a simple scene using the latest version of Easy Save and private message it to me?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
yimingt

Post by yimingt »

Another worry I have is the number of references the Reference Manager is storing. It's at a whopping 22k references and it can cause some troubles when starting playmode and when a conflict arises in Unity Collab. Should I be manually assigning references at this point? I have tried it once but soon found it difficult to make edits because I can't remove references and I also can't assign new ES3Prefabs.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Have you tried pressing the Optimize button? Once you press the Optimize button, the reference manager will only store things which are already referenced by your scene.

All the best,
Joel
yimingt

Post by yimingt »

Yes, I have tried pressing the Optimize button on the Reference Manager. It was able to remove some references but it's still at a very large value. Hmmm but what do you mean by "referenced by your scene"?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

It only stores things for which there is a reference in your scene, or prefabs with the Auto Save Component. For large scenes, having thousands of references in the manager is normal.

All the best,
Joel
yimingt

Post by yimingt »

I'm trying to create an ES3Type Script for UnityEvents but I'm getting this error:
Assets\Easy Save 3\Types\ES3UserType_UnityEvent.cs(37,71): error CS0122: 'InvokableCallList' is inaccessible due to its protection level
What could be a solution for this?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This error will be because Unity Events aren't serializable.

All the best,
Joel
yimingt

Post by yimingt »

When we use the AutoSave feature, is the action completed almost immediately? I want to implement a saving symbol like other games and I'm wondering how do I know if the action has completed or not.