Saving and Reading CSV File - Android

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
hughsey1973

Saving and Reading CSV File - Android

Post by hughsey1973 »

Hello,

I created a touchscreen application that uses Easy Save 3 to write text field data to an external csv file. New users are added to this csv file every time they enter their details.

This worked perfectly on a PC but when I create an Android app and test it, it goes through the whole process but the csv file is never written (or I can't see the folder/file if it has been). This is my code:

sheet.Save("Android/data/SpinningWheelApp/mySheet.csv", true); - I have also tried a relative path as well which didn't work.

This is called every time the app is Reloaded and the SceneManager loads the first scene again.

The app also has an inventory, this is read when the first scene is loaded and displays objects depending on what is left and seems to work.

sphere1 = ES3.Load("sphere1", "Android/data/SpinningWheelApp/inventory.es3", 1);

So my questions is, is it because its a csv file or is it in another location on the device?

Can anyone see what I may be doing wrong and point me in the write direction please.
hughsey1973

Re: Saving and Reading CSV File - Android

Post by hughsey1973 »

May have solved this.

It turned out that it was actually writing/reading the files correctly.

For some reason, when using my phones "File Manager" to locate the files and it was set to "Display Hidden Files", the Android folder was always displaying no content.

I then tried using my phones "Files" app, this displayed the files correctly. I was then able to transfer to my pc and all good!.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saving and Reading CSV File - Android

Post by Joel »

Glad you managed to find the solution to your issue :)

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started