Help me with my structure.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
hoyoyo80

Help me with my structure.

Post by hoyoyo80 »

Hi all,

Im a playmaker user and also Easy Save 3. I would love to shed some light on my curiosity.

1. For a fresh install games, how do we check an existing Saved File there on my UI i can show "Continue" or just "New Games"
2. For windows, where are the location of the above (1) to check and where to change the location
3. Question No 2 but for Android Devices.
4. Let say if i provide 3 slots for player to choose on new game, how i am going to do about these.Do i need 3 saved files?

Thanks in advance
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Help me with my structure.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You use the File Exists action to check whether a file exists.

By default it’s stored in Unity’s PersistentDataPath on all platforms except WebGL (which stores to IsolatedStorage):
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReferenc ... aPath.html

To change the location you would provide a path instead of a filename to the file path field of the actions. However, we strongly advise against this as PersistentDataPath is the only place guaranteed to exist and be writable.

If you’re doing three save slots generally you would have three save files, and set the file path field to the save slot the user has selected.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
hoyoyo80

Post by hoyoyo80 »

Thanks for the feedback.

I still have more question(s)
1. Do we need to provide an empty .es3 file before using this or i will create this with es3 create spreadsheet?
2. For testing purpose on windows, where will the es3 file will be stored?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

A file is automatically created if one doesn’t already exist when you call the Save action.

The file is stored in the PersistentDataPath, as mentioned in my previous message. You can view the link in the previous message to see what the path is for each platform, or you can open the folder by going to Tools > Easy Save 3 > Open PersistentDataPath.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
hoyoyo80

Post by hoyoyo80 »

Thanks for the feedback. Now my New Game, Continue with 3 slots had been properly scripted.Thanks