Autosave prefab configuration not saving?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
irvin

Re: Autosave prefab configuration not saving?

Post by irvin »

Actually I spoke too soon, with the new version of Easy Save I'm getting the error "InvalidOperationException: An Easy Save 3 Manager is required to load references." whenever I try to go into play mode. The Easy Save 3 Manager is in the scene, but it keeps getting disabled. I've removed it and re-added via the "Assets->Easy Save 3->Add Manager to Scene" menu option, but no luck.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you private message me a basic project which replicates this and send it to me with instructions as I've not seen this happen before.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
irvin

Post by irvin »

Looks like everything is working with the latest update you sent! The manager required to load reference error is gone and I did a quick test of checking/unchecking a component for a prefab in the autosave menu and didn't have any issues of it being reset. Thank you!
giltar

Post by giltar »

Hey, so, Im experiencing this issue again with not only prefabs but the ES3Types too. I recorded a video of the behaviour. I will look for the invoice number and send it too, I would love to have the new version as this is driving me crazy. :evil: :twisted:
Unity 2022.1.16f. I have Rider and Odin installed (might be relevant I dont know)!

Not sure if it relates but the class "MapActionProcessor" gets doubled in the search list (not only this class it happens sometimes I noticed).
Attachments
40AEC66E-6A91-4469-A1D6-70BE5A535905.mov
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've just private messages the update.

Note that if there are two of the same type in the list it means that there are two different assemblies with the same type, which is expected. Opening the type will show you what assembly it belongs to.

All the best,
Joel
giltar

Post by giltar »

Hey, unfortunately, the new version did not help. I still experience the issue same way as I captured it.

Any thoughts how to fix it?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately without a way of replicating your specific issue at our end it’s difficult to suggest a solution (especially as the update has worked for all others).

You previously mentioned the Types window, which is a separate issue which we’ve not heard before. Just to check, are you saying that the Auto Save issue still persists with that update? Or the Types issue?

In suspect that it may be another asset affecting Editor serialisation, which unfortunately isn’t something we (or anyone apart from the creator of that asset) can control. If you’re able to reliably replicate this I can take a further look.

All the best,
Joel
giltar

Post by giltar »

Hey, actually both issues. Im thinking to send you the whole project maybe. With a exact description how to replicate it.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you're able to remove all content from the project which is not required to replicate the issue and private message with instructions to reliably replicate it, I'm happy to take a look.

All the best,
Joel
irvin

Post by irvin »

I just ran into this again and one thing it might be is Rider. I haven't touched the autosave config since getting the update from Joel and just tried changing something and ran into the issue again. After seeing giltar mention they are also using Rider, I tried changing the config before starting Rider and the saving of the config worked, not sure if it's a coincidence, but should be an easy thing to check @giltar. Hopefully that's it/it helps!